Jump to content
Theike

Wiking 2018

Recommended Posts

News_detail_262_1a4d3e7832000b8e3ce7366c74dc3087

Combine harvester: Claas Commandor 116 CS

Loader: Claas Torion 1812

Tractors: John Deere 6250R, John Deere 7310R

Bergmann TSW 6240 S

Edited by Theike
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that's better,nothing broken or upside down in this photo,but interesting to see even Wiking have got the Agri Bumper wrong,you should still be able to use the front links with one fitted,

Regards

Joe.

Wiking 2018 1.jpeg

Wiking 2018 2.jpeg

Agri Bumper 5.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure about that Phil. Some photos of the new Wiking JD's appeared on Facebook and I pointed out that the rear wheels on one of the models appeared to be on backwards. Someone pointed out that I needed to read the description as they have a quick release mechanism and they can easily be turned around.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎02‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 11:52 AM, catkom3 said:

Now that's better,nothing broken or upside down in this photo,but interesting to see even Wiking have got the Agri Bumper wrong,you should still be able to use the front links with one fitted,

Regards

Joe.

Wiking 2018 1.jpeg

Wiking 2018 2.jpeg

Agri Bumper 5.jpg

Most likely as earlier Wiking Models wont have a mounting bracket on the arms, and most front linkages have different shapes so they most likely making it to fit most model makes to jet more sales

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know what the differences are between the 116 and the 228 commanders please? Just stickers? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, alf aphid said:

Does anyone know what the differences are between the 116 and the 228 commanders please? Just stickers? 

Yes I do believe that is the case, perhaps a few other decal changes such as numberplate etc. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well the REAL 228cs had a larger grain tank that rose up electronically when required.  The 116cs was much more basic but I doubt Wiking have modified it from the 228cs model.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 0025 said:

Yes I do believe that is the case, perhaps a few other decal changes such as numberplate etc. 

Thanks Jack, that was kind of what I guessed.  I’ve ordered a 228, getting quite a collection of classic Claas combines now. The boxes are so big though, one of the biggest problems collecting today is the storage! 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just announced on Facebook,Wiking Torian,doesn't say one or both,put back 'till 2019,??

The delivery of the model claas torion announced by wiking for 2018 will be postponed until 2019. There are delays in the depth of functions on the model. Delay ensures that this product can be supplied in the known and proven quality, appearance, detail and functionality.

Regards

Joe.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wondered how long it would take them,Claas Axion 900 terra trac,strange there's no markings on the bonnet,??,but it is a prototype,also limited and unlimited,???,Also I want to see under this machine,to see how Claas manage to get the power to the ground,and also manage to keep ground clearance with those low tracks,??

Photo courtesy of 32Models News via Facebook,

Regards

Joe.

Claas tt.jpg

Wiking Claas Axion 900 TT.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CATERPILLAR managed to successfully get the power down with Mobil trac  trac system and CLAAS E  challengers versions with portal final drives i would hazard a guess these will be very much the same idea.  All been done before - a pretty good package of tried and tested well proven components. FPT Engine- CLAAS  VARIO TRANSMISSION and CEBIS control and proven trac system. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not sure about this one, i am still undecided about the wheeled Axion 950, but it looks like a decent model so far.  I hope Wiking will produce an updated Arion 600 series at some point, I think the range topping 660 would pair nicely with my Cargos forage wagon and Dangreville spreader (and give the Axion a hand !)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, prickles said:

CATERPILLAR managed to successfully get the power down with Mobil trac  trac system and CLAAS E  challengers versions with portal final drives i would hazard a guess these will be very much the same idea.  All been done before - a pretty good package of tried and tested well proven components. FPT Engine- CLAAS  VARIO TRANSMISSION and CEBIS control and proven trac system. 

 

Thank's for explanation Nick,but what is portal final drives,and how would you get the drive to those tracks,no space for shaft's etc under that tractor,or between the tracks,???

Regards

Joe.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, catkom3 said:

Thank's for explanation Nick,but what is portal final drives,and how would you get the drive to those tracks,no space for shaft's etc under that tractor,or between the tracks,???

Regards

Joe.

same system as used on a Unimog, you have a set of gears in the axle casing working as a drop box :) 

Traxxas-TRX4-trail-truck-q.jpg

bort15_l.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

portal drive from normal halfshafton rear axle sown through a drop box , now comes the really clever part  the drive train drives the rear drive  wheels, from inside the split wheel so there is no drive hub externally on either side .

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cheers Brian,I think the Unimog set up would fit under the Axion,but the picture under that would be to bulky,I think,must look for info on the Lexion TT,they must be very similar,although the rear sprocket on the Axion is bigger than the Lexion,

Regards

Joe.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Claas web site claims Hydrostatic drive,fine on a combine,with a fairly constant speed / load,and how would that work on a 40k tractor hauling a tri axle trailer loaded,

Hydrostatic ground drive.

The hydrostatic ground drive of the LEXION can be controlled extremely easily with the multifunction control lever without the need to operate a clutch or change gear. The new series of hydrostatic drives is characterised by increased efficiency. You benefit, as the power saved is available for use by the rest of the machine, the overall result being more efficient operation.

All models have an electrohydraulic control system and can also be equipped with the CRUISE PILOT for automatic forward travel control. But whether used in manual or automatic mode, the LEXION drives like a luxury car with such a high level of operating comfort that performance is enhanced immediately

Regards

Joe.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, catkom3 said:

Cheers Brian,I think the Unimog set up would fit under the Axion,but the picture under that would be to bulky,I think,must look for info on the Lexion TT,they must be very similar,although the rear sprocket on the Axion is bigger than the Lexion,

Regards

Joe.

just used some quick pics to show a portal set up :) there are some amazing variations of the basic principle now :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the terra trac units on the tractor are driven from mechanical half shafts that would have mounted/driven conventional wheels, the combines use hydrostatic drives to their transmisaxles but still have an axle driving the terra tracs

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

might mean a hydrostatic gearset in the rear axle to give it multiple ratios depending on speed/load/turning motion 

 

 

Edited by b_emmons
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.