The Farm Toys Forum

Wiking 2018

21 hours ago, prickles said:

i disagree about getting off of topic i was merely trying to help everybody understand and discuss CLAAS TERRA  TRAC SYSTEM  how it might drive and steer , thats ok by  me if no one wants the technical stuff  and just wants to say its a nice model which it is- i will go and do my own terra trac research best regards nick

Please keep the technical side coming :)

it helps us townies Nick :ph34r:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

cumon boys you should know now they only made a 7430 because they found a load of decals from the loader version , just wish they would make an M series with that cab 

Now that's better,nothing broken or upside down in this photo,but interesting to see even Wiking have got the Agri Bumper wrong,you should still be able to use the front links with one fitted, Re

I've just found these top seceret photos of the team at universal hobbies. 

Posted Images

22 hours ago, alf aphid said:

Problem with tracked foragers is their use on grass. Also in truth the first thing to get stuck is tractor and trailer! 

I am guessng the trac’s  are aimed more at the maize part of the season?? On a forager , as thats normally a lot wetter so the  grass issues are a minor one, no one would buy one just for maize and a wheeled for grass i guess , 

• Like 1

Also ,trumpets on a Terra Trac would have ZERO ground clearance,??,Discovered this video yesterday,it clearly show's the track's on the Axion are significantly bigger than what's on the Lexion,a whole lot of R and D gone into that,you can also see the early prototype in there,which seem's to be fitted with standard Lexion track's,which I'm guessing didn't do would Claas were hopeing it would,There is also a really good rear view of the Axion 900 I've never seen before,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIZj6aBqU80

Regards

Joe.

Claas Axion terra trac.jpg

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, prickles said:

that clearly shows the drive shafts (Joe)  and lack of conventional trumpet housings, it also shows  the mountings for the track frames.Yes lots of R&D   For weight distribution and weight transfer when working in draught work. Fully suspended track tractor  the others got some catching up to do , Claas have set a benchmark with this one. Hope the model is spot on  so looking forward to adding it to the collection 

25 minutes ago, prickles said:

interestingly the prototype was on a smaller 800 series tractor i wonder if terra trac will eventually filter down the range?? ideal for top work , triple mowing all sorts

You clearly know your stuff Nick,need to keep an eye on you,ha ha!.Yes a model will also be heading this way,and getting turned upside down straight out the box,an awful lot of work gone into that,unlike the Case IH / New Holland,with their trapezoid tracks straight off the combine right onto their tractor's,??,but there again with that system putting wheels back on shouldn't be  much of a hassle,that rear view photo should have been accredited to Claas,http://www.claas.co.uk/fascination-claas/special-topics/terra-trac/axion-terratrac

Regards

Joe.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, prickles said:

interestingly the prototype was on a smaller 800 series tractor i wonder if terra trac will eventually filter down the range?? ideal for top work , triple mowing all sorts

Yes first one was straight combine set put on to 830 as feasibility test. 

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

I am guessng the trac’s  are aimed more at the maize part of the season?? On a forager , as thats normally a lot wetter so the  grass issues are a minor one, no one would buy one just for maize and a wheeled for grass i guess , 

Yes absolutely, designed for maize application in mind, and as prickles states it lifts to allow usage on grass minimising damage. Interestingly though the jaguar needs a stretched chassis to work with the TT

• Like 1
1 hour ago, AJH said:

The Sima is always end of February in the same year as the Agritechnica, so next year it will be 24-28 February. 

EM700000005260346-0001-006.thumb.jpg.f94a3ae3710373a2ec090a8899c8fe5b.jpg

That's really dissapointing.nothing like the real thing,

Regards

Joe.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, prickles said:

listening to a German Claas interview it sounds like the 800 series will be fitted with it as a basic model and 900 as range toppers :)

• robbo unpinned this topic